Saturday, June 23, 2007

When it Rains it Pours

Thankfully our water emergency is over. It has been raining off and on all day and there is another large band moving through tonight. It's been the kind of rain that really gives things a good long drink. Our grass is already getting greener, so hopefully the damage from our moderate drought will be temporary.
I have been working on this area at the back right-hand side of our property. There was nothing here but the tree. I am extending the bed and edging it, I added the birdbath, and yesterday I planted some flowers. I'm glad for the rain and cooler temperatures, hopefully the new plants will have less of a transplant shock.

1 comment:

Carol Michel said...

It's currently raining at my house, and I'm enjoying the sound of rain on the roof, knowing it is helping the garden, the grass, the trees, shrubs, and flowers. I think I just heard a collective sigh of contentment from the whole garden!