Friday, May 1, 2009

Lollipop Gerbera



I wanted to share the pictures of the 'Lollipop' gerbera daisies with you! I love gerbera daisies and these are absolutely delightful! They cheered me up instantly when I saw them! I went to the garden center looking specifically for lantana . I haven't had time to garden but my favorite lantana can be difficult to find, so I've been on the lookout for it, (haven't found it yet). So I didn't buy any of the gerbera daisies this time. I'm kind of glad it's been too rainy to be outside, since I've been taking care of my mother-in-law. Hopefully by the time it gets pretty things will have settled down with injured and sick family members and I can spend some much needed time in the garden. My garden needs it and I do as well.

Thank you all so much for your caring comments during this difficult time, they have really meant a lot to me.

12 comments:

Blossom said...

Oh those lollipop Gerberas look as good as they sound. Beautiful. Yeay to collages.

Gail said...

They are lovely Robin. I do hope you can get out into your garden for some quality time with Robin. gail

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Sunny happy flowers! You have good weekend Robin!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Daisies are a staple around here. Gotta have my daisies!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to get out into the garden soon Robin. It will be good for you. :) I saw these Gerberas at Lowe's the other day & they are quite charming. Maybe I'll get Grandma one for Mother's Day. :)

Sherri said...

Robin, I love Gerberas! I love the lollipop name of this group!! Thanks for sharing and making me smile!

NCmountainwoman said...

Lovely photographs of one of my favorites. Hope everyone is improving. I think of you often and breathe a prayer for your father and M-I-L...and for you.

Connie said...

They are interesting, but my taste usually prefers the old fashioned singles, for most flowers.
Hope you can get some good time in your garden soon. I have been laid up with pleurisy for 3 weeks, and am still recovering, so have had very little garden time, either.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Dear Robin, I had some catching up to do as I haven't been blogging lately. There is quite a lot on your plate at the mo with your father being poorly and your mother in law fracturing her shoulder. It never rains but it pours, right?

Wish we lived closer together so I could give you seedlings, cuttings and other stuff that you need for your garden because you need to garden girl, to heal yourself as you've been under quite a bit of stress lately.

Glad the gerbera daisies cheered you up, flowers do that for us, don't they?

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way,

((HUGS))

Frances said...

Hi Robin, how nice that you found flowers that are so cheering and beautiful. We gardeners know how much being outside amongst the beauty is soothing to our souls. May your family have calmer times soon.
Frances

Decadent Housewife said...

These are so fresh and pretty, thank you for posting them.

Best to you in caring for your family - it is rewarding and tiring as you well know.

Kathleen said...

These are gorgeous Gerberas Robin! I love them too but no matter how hard I try to grow them, I always fail? I have no idea what I do wrong? Now I just walk past them and admire them ~ I've given up!