Friday, March 19, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes!



On Tuesday when I walked around the yard there was just a little bit of green peeking from the ground in the area were these miniature irises are planted.



I was busy all day Wednesday and didn't go into the back yard. When I went outside Thursday morning to fill the bird feeders I was shocked to see all of these in bloom. I only had one blooming in another part of the yard on Tuesday when I posted for Garden Blogger Bloom Day.



Thursday was another gorgeous spring day with temperature reaching about 65. While I'm definitely enjoying the warm temperatures, I hope it won't freeze again and damage the tender growth that is emerging.



We have a chance for snow flurries this weekend, so I'm a little concerned. We have a long time till the last frost date. I'd certainly be OK if spring wants to come early this year!



Today the high is supposed to be 70°!



Look what else opened up on Thursday! I love spring!

I wasn't planning on attending the Flower and Patio show this year, but a friend invited me to go with her! We'll be there today!

17 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your spring colors are fabulous. Have a great time at the F&G show. Wish I could be there this year. Take lots of photos. It will be the only way I can see it.

Catherine said...

How wonderful that you have all that color at your house! Lucky girl! I'm still waiting for our color to arrive ~ but at least the white snow is gone ~ :)

Have a super weekend!

Patricia said...

Glorious!!!! Thank you so much for those beautiful, beautiful flowers, Robin. I hope you have a perfectly delightful garden show day! Love, Patricia

F Cameron said...

Robin, I've fallen in love with your irises! What a stunning color and flower shape. I've never planted the early spring irises, only Dutch irises for April. I should change that for next spring!

sweetbay said...

Your iris are beautiful. I finally planted Reticulated Iris last fall and am so happy that I did.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely blooms.I sure hope you don't get a hard frost now,that would be a pity.
Blessings,Ruth

Joanne Olivieri said...

Amazing isn't it? Just lovely.

Jayne said...

Those irises are just gorgeous! I love that color. All your other blooms are wonderful too. Isn't it great when everything starts peeking out. I hope you don't get a damaging freeze.

Jan said...

It seems like things stay the same without ever changing until one day, we blink, and they've changed! Life is kind of like that. How pretty those little dwarf irises are, Robin. I have some planted but still do not see any green at all from them. None of my crocuses are blooming yet, still! Things still look the same since my GBBD post...but it has been in the 60's here, too...so it just CAN'T be long now, can it? I did notice yesterday that my neighbors daffs are blooming. The sun hits them differently, but not only that, we probably have different daff. varieties. Still, I want them blooming in MY yard!! And. Right. Now!!!

Have fun at the garden show. It will be nice to get out!

Carol Michel said...

I love those irises. They really did seem to just show up one day!

Vicki's Bit-o-earth said...

OH Robin they are soooo beautiful!!! That color is just breath-taking! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, that they can last awhile without getting damaged from frost. Enjoy your spring! Isn't it the best time of year!? I've been outside every day...and not taking time to read emails and blogs. (: Vicki

A Garden of Threads said...

Your flowers were a breathe of spring air, brown is still color of my garden. Thanks for sharing.

Connie said...

Gorgeous....simply gorgeous!

Kay said...

very pretty.....can't wait for mine to bloom

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

You needn't worry about your Iris reticulatas in snow, they do just fine. You images of them are just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Love Lilly and love those iris. I am not sure why I have none. Really beautiful shots.

RURAL said...

So blue, they are stunning. And quite "blue" my fav's.

Jen