Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chalkboard Instead of a Fall Wreath

 On Wednesday I showed a picture of the old cabinet door that I had made into a chalkboard. Here she is all finished and hanging on the front door! I love it! I can see all kinds of potential for this throughout the year and especially at Christmas!

 I found the Southern Living planter at a garage sale a few years ago for $1.00. It was brand new and still wrapped in the packaging. The flowers I purchased on clearance for 90% off. The cupboard door was around $2.00. Cheep yet very cute!

Here it is without the container. This is probably the way it will stay most of the year! A nice change from my usual wreaths!

Our home is twelve years old and starting to show some wear. There are many projects that need to be done so I am thrilled to be partnering with Lowe's Creative Ideas to get some of these projects done. On my to do list in the spring is paint this ugly burgundy door!

I didn't use Lowe's funds for this simple project, (chalkboard paint was left over from another project), so I used the Lowe's cash for other items to spruce up the front porch. I'm hoping my hubby will get those done while I'm at work and I'll share the completed project later!

Thank you for stopping by the nest!

Robin



4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Cute.

debsgarden said...

Robin, this is a fantastic idea! It looks great, and I love the idea of writing messages for your guests! I want to do this, too!

Indie said...

Love it! Such a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea. We invested in a tin of chalkboard paint recently and have been painting everything in sight! Might have to try this one :)